Front End Developer
Our client is a leading Financial Services business based in London looking to add their permanent Development team
Role. You will be:
· taking partial responsibility for the public site, its evolution in terms of implementation, the front-end architecture and its user experience.
· creating web pages, modify existing pages and integrating with our back-end systems.
· a co-owner of the code base, suggesting and implementing ways to improve it.
· crafting user experiences that are ambitious in their practical simplicity and refined through intuition, understanding of our customers and testing.
· cooperating closely with all stakeholders to ensure scope is understood, design is sound and deadlines met.
· reviewing design and code produced by your development colleagues.
· Minimum 2+ years of industry gained development experience with a track record of delivery.
· preferably some experience with Redux or other observable state management pattern
· familiar with a build system - ideally Gradle
· a strong understanding of fundamental computer science. Expertise in application design and simplicity even as requirements grow.
· web testing and troubleshooting skills – the usual the web developer tools.
· evidence of unconventional thinking showing that you have worked smarter not just harder.
· excellent organizational, communication and soft skills.
· experience in a light-weight, rapid turnaround engineering environment.
· a strong academic record, a graduate in a science or technology subject, post-graduate is a plus.
· passionate advocate of concise and simple code, designs and applications.
· technical leader, a person that inspires trust and confidence in your peers.
· great team member – has the confidence to admit errors, can follow as well as direct and learn as well as teach.
· an individual who thrives in a fast paced, relatively unstructured environment.
· learn a new business domain fast, getting to grips with new concepts and asking questions.
· demonstrate a strong sense of personal integrity and accountability.
· accept and act upon constructive criticism.
Salary : Market